Furniture Service Technician – Atlantic Business Interiors – Charlottetown, PEI
Atlantic Business Interiors, the authorized Steelcase dealer for Atlantic Canada, is a leading supplier for office furniture and technology. ABI is passionate about helping our clients create flexible and innovative workplace environments that support the many ways organizations do business. We offer in-house service teams to provide a full range of facility management services to help transform business environments into more effective workplaces.
Atlantic Business Interiors is currently seeking a Furniture Service Technician to join our Operations team in the Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island location. This is a full-time permanent position.
· An Atlantic Canada-based company offering a collaborative, transparent and engaging culture.
· Competitive Compensation plus performance-based incentives.
· Comprehensive benefits package.
· Paid overtime.
· On-the-job training and opportunity to learn a useful skillset.
This position is seeking a highly motivated, dedicated, energetic and team-oriented individual to join our Operations team based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. As an integral part of the Operations team, reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be one of the primary representatives between ABI and the client, facilitating the delivery and installation of products to new and existing accounts.
If you have a positive, “can-do” attitude, and want to be part of a great team, this could be a great opportunity for you to develop a new, useful skillset.
· Loading, transporting, delivering, unpacking, and installing required products according to manufacturer’s instructions, product lists and CAD drawings.
· Ability to survey the job site and identify any safety concerns or significant issues/risks.
· Review the installation of the product or service work performed (walk around) with the client.
· Complete and submit paperwork for all jobs as outlined.
· Document any installation issues quickly and complete SRFs immediately before leaving job sites.
· Ensure the installation area and product are properly cleaned before departing the job site.
· Operate company vehicles in a responsible manner and ensure they are well maintained.
· Act in a professional and respectful manner when dealing with customers.
Qualifications and Valued Competencies:
· General Carpentry skills.
· Mechanical aptitude (ability to use hand/power tools at a minimum).
· Ability to read blueprints as well as take direction from verbal and written descriptions.
· Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication skills.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Very punctual and possesses a strong work ethic.
· Valid driver’s license with clean driving Abstract.
· Successful criminal background check.
· Computer literacy including competence in Windows-based desktop applications.
· Ability to lift 70lbs on a frequent basis and be able to be physically active for prolonged periods.
· Ability to prioritize work, be flexible, operate in a team environment, work with minimum supervision, and interact with internal and external clients in a professional manner.
· A positive attitude and willingness to learn and upgrade skills as required.
· High school completion or equivalent.
· Occasional overtime will be required.
If you feel as though you fit this description and are looking to join our fast-paced, team environment, please send your resume to:
Atlantic Business Interiors
Attn: Sarah Elkholy, HR Generalist
30 Troop Ave
Burnside Industrial Park
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
We thank everyone for their interest in this opportunity however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ABI, we believe diversity brings valuable perspectives to our work. Inclusion ensures those perspectives make for richer, more innovative solutions for our clients. We’re committed to cultivating an environment that fosters respect, equity, and opportunity for all our employees—a place where you can bring your whole self to work.